Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Downloading ACAD10 Demo nixes valid ACAD9 Protection key

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded ACAD10 demo yesterday at the office to prompt my boss to upgrade she liked it. BUT! Now, this morning my ACAD 9 is refusing the valid protection key. I can't work. The boss does not like that.

What gives?

Do I need to dump ACAD 10?

PC XP

Thanks

Tad
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
I want to say that there was a problem with the WIBU key driver that's installed as part of Archicad 10, but I cannot say for sure. You might want to search the forum to see if you can find it (or someone else might post what the fix was)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a feeling it had something to do with that but I must say I have no idea what this WIBU driver thing is. We are actually ordering ACAD 10 as we speak but would like to get some work done. Should I dump all ACAD 10 items now or just the WIBU folder?

Any ideas are apprecitated

Thanks
TomWaltz
Participant
You will actually need to reinstall the WIBU driver. Deleting the new files will not make any difference.

The newer driver runs both AC9 and AC10... I never seen the problem myself, so I really cannot say exactly how to fix it. Hopefully someone else who has will have some more solid advice!

The drivers can be downloaded at
http://wibu.com/download_user.php?lang=en
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
My computer said there was new hardware to install (the key driver) so clicking that I guess re-installed the existing key that I have as if it was brand new.

And ACAD 9 started working again.

Don't really understand how the PC world works since MAC rarely gets me as flumoxed, but I just hit continue or next on these dialogue boxes and most of the time that seems to work.

Thanks for the help.

Tad