Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Dual monitor w/ Laptop

Anonymous
Not applicable
For those using a dual monitor setup with a Laptop, how is it when you are only using the Laptop LCD (say on the road) is it difficult to set up the AC screen environment with every thing on "one" screen again? And then back to "two" once "plugged in" back at the Office?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
For those using a dual monitor setup with a Laptop, how is it when you are only using the Laptop LCD (say on the road) is it difficult to set up the AC screen environment with every thing on "one" screen again? And then back to "two" once "plugged in" back at the Office?
IMHE, it's when using AC in a dual screen environnement that the problem appears : AC gets opened on the monitor that's on the left, even if this one is the secondary one...

When switching back to the 1 screen config, everything gets opened on the screen : even if the palettes are not very well placed, they are not open on an invisible screen...

In fact switching from one config to a second and even a third (office <-> client <-> home) and different config is really annoying, this is why we need a much improved workspace management...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess this is mainly a PC issue.

On the Mac I just have to move the info box back to where I like it on the Cinema display. Otherwise the Mac handles multiple monitors with no trouble. My only (minor) wish is that ArchiCAD would remember the different settings for each set up.

On my ThinkPad I don't think I've ever spread AC across both screens. I usually use the second screen for other programs.