Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Elements are dragged on Mac

nusha
Newcomer
Hi!
I've been having this problem on Mac (Yosemite) but not on PC starting from AC18 (I have the latest update)
I draw a wall or put in a window or any element for that matter - if i want to select it to edit it freezes for a second and then this element is being dragged in the direction my mouse moves like it is stuck to the cursor. To edit I need to select, wait for 2-3 sec for it to stop sticking, then click again to access edit menu.
I turned off CAD-like option, installed latest update, uninstalled and installed back logitech control center, used a different mouse - no change.
On PC this problem doesn't exist. Also on PC when I turn off CAD-like function I have to click and hold to draw a wall but on a Mac the wall is drawn without holding, I just click and draw with both Mac-like and CAD-like option on.
This dragging is really annoying and I can't figure out where the problem is...
Does anyone else have this problem? I looked online - couldn't find anything

Thank you all!
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Not an AC issue, but something on your system... check System Prefs > Accessibility and scroll down to mouse options.... see if Mouse Keys is checked perhaps?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
nusha
Newcomer
Thank you for the idea, I looked - nope, not checked.
Do you think there could be anything else I could look at?
Could it be a issue between AC18 and Yosemite?

Thank you!
DaveOlufs
Participant
Nusha,

I believe I have a similar problem that only seems to occur with AC18 on my Mac with Yosemite. It did not happen before I installed the lastest Mac OS...and it still does not happen on AC 17 with Yosemite but it sure is a drag on 18. I call it an aberration...

The last event occurred when modifying a circle. The screen would shift away from my work and the circle never completed its modification. I tried various times before I realized I was in shift/shape mode. Typically I can reboot the computer and it resolves the problem...for a few hours to a day or two.

I too have tried different settings, different mouses, quitting AC, etc., but nothing seems to work. This aberration problem only happens on 18, NOT 17. And I did not have the problem before switching to Yosemite, I'm current on AC fixes and it still happens. AC 18 is a waste, because I can rarely work a full day without the graphic ghosting double image shift-shape aberrations. And yet I keep trying to use 18...like hitting my head against a wall.

I have no idea what to do...other than stay with 17.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...