Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Elevation refresh issue on idle

Arcadia
Booster
This was a problem with V21 as well. If I stop using AC for a while while I have a job open many of the external or room elevations will stop rebuilding on the layouts. In fact the 3D elements completely disappear and all that shows is whatever lifework and text I have added. It is an easy fix I just close and reopen the file and refresh the layouts but it is a nuisance. Ideas?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Is this happening in ARCHICAD 22? Have you installed the latest update (4005) yet?

Does it happen to Drawings that you placed on the Layouts, or to Drawings coming from an External File?
Maybe even the Source View is wrong (not just the drawing)?
If you don't close the project, just update the all drawings from the drawing manager, does it update?
What if you close all the other tabs, and update when you only have the layout open?

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Arcadia
Booster
Hi, sorry about the late response.

Yes it happens with V22 as well. It happens only with external and internal elevations and sections placed on the layout nothing with an external link. Updating from the drawing manager amounts to the same thing I have to reopen the file to get the update working. Again this issue ONLY happens if I have left the file sitting idle for maybe 10 minutes or more. I can work constantly on a file for hours at time without this issue ever appearing. I am in the habit now of just closing the file if I know I will be away from my workstation for a little while. I haven't noticed it being linked to anything TAB related.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Again,

It must be either something about your project or your computer specifically.

Have you tried the same on other computers with the same project?
Could you send me a PLA of a project you have this problem with, so that I can try myself? (you can send it to me in a private message)
Can you make a really quick video and/or pictures of what the issue looks like?

Thanks in Advance,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit