BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Environment can be applied once-then it breaks!

alexliz
Participant
I'm using ArchiCAD Int v10.1187 for MacOS X and Intel. I imported all my setup from my PowerPC Mac. This is something I've done many times over the years.

This time, though, after importing all my User Environments (you know, Preferences, Shortcuts, Pallettes etc.) and activating one of them for current use, problems started: after switching to another Environment (i.e. from Modelling to Layout work), I got a lot of warnings that the Preferences etc. could not load. If I re-imported the particular Environmet from my backup file, then I could re-activate it, but only once. After that first time, again I got the warnings that the settings could not be loaded.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's very frustrating, because you have to keep importing everything every time you need to change.

Thanks in advance.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
3 REPLIES 3
Yes, that happens when switching from a PowerPC to a Mactel.

After importing your old Work Environment from the PowerPC days save each of your custom err things (Preferences, Company Standards, Shortcuts, etc.) with a new name, and now save the new overall Work Environment from the Mactel with a new name. That one will work with your Mactel.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Ignacio wrote:
Yes, that happens when switching from a PowerPC to a Mactel. /.....

About to take the step, many thanks for this tip Ignacio
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
alexliz
Participant
Wow! I had done just what you suggest, except for the fact that for me it didn't work. The thing is, I've sent my MacBook Pro to be replaced by Apple (they had given me the wrong one at the Apple Store...) and I am currently waiting for its replacement.

As soon as I get it, I'll try again and post back.

Thx.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Learn and get certified!