BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Failure of Archicad 10 Help to run.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am unable to get Archicad 10 help to open from within Archicad in either Internet Explorer or Firefox. Help simply opens as an improper web link. I have tried opening the files directly from the help folder in the program file. Some files will open but others such as the index will not. I cannot get Graphisoft tech support to respond in any kind of a meaningful way to resolve this.
5 REPLIES 5
__archiben
Booster
md55 wrote:
I am unable to get Archicad 10 help to open from within Archicad in either Internet Explorer or Firefox. Help simply opens as an improper web link.
it would help to know more about your set-up - i.e. mac or pc?

on a mac the archicad installer places the 'help' files locally on your computer - normally in the archicad directory itself... ./Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 10/Help/

have you moved or deleted any of the contents of that folder? can you get the file 'ArchiCAD Help.htm' to run by itself without launching it from archicad? what happens when you double click it - does it open firefox or another browser? etc. . .

if you're mac it might simply be a permissions issue: archicad isn't being allowed to run anything from the ./Applications/ folder for example. in which case ./Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and 'Repair Permissions' . . .

try a few different things and get back to us with the results . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, yes I should have mentioined that I am on a PC XP Pro w/ latest updates.
__archiben
Booster
md55 wrote:
Thanks, yes I should have mentioined that I am on a PC XP Pro w/ latest updates.
can you find your 'help' files manually in the file system?
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have tried opening the files directly from the help folder inside the program file. Internet Exploer will open some files but not the index for example. Firefox wil not open any help files.
__archiben
Booster
md55 wrote:
Yes I have tried opening the files directly from the help folder inside the program file. Internet Exploer will open some files but not the index for example. Firefox wil not open any help files.
then it's not a fault of archicad. it sounds as though you have corrupt help files. try deleting them and re-installing just the help files (if the installer will let you customise the install) . . .

does that help?
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Learn and get certified!