Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Favorites won't import into V22

Tom Krowka
Booster
Sssooooo…..I guess I have to recreate all my favorites palettes? I can't import them from V21 into V22. error message says they were created in an earlier version of AC and are not compatible. That's pretty irritating.
Any other way to bring them into V22? I have saved them as a PRF file in AC21.....if I saved them in XML format or other format will that work?
Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
If you have a 21 file with all of your favourites, opening it in 22 and saving it should convert all to 22 format.
Then you should be able to import these new 22 favourites into any other 22 file.

I am surprised that you can't import a 21 favourite into 22 - I am still waiting for the AUS version of 22 but just tried with the beta testing version and it worked fine importing from version 21 PLN.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Barry wrote:
I am surprised that you can't import a 21 favourite into 22 - I am still waiting for the AUS version of 22 but just tried with the beta testing version and it worked fine importing from version 21 PLN.
I did have trouble when I tried importing from a PRF file - message to say the file was created in a different version and could not be imported.

But from the PLN worked fine.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Tom Krowka
Booster
What do you refer to when you say "from the pln it worked fine". I tried to import when I had a PLN opened and received the error message. Can you clarify?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Barry Kelly
Tom wrote:
What do you refer to when you say "from the pln it worked fine". I tried to import when I had a PLN opened and received the error message. Can you clarify?

When you choose to import from "File (Archicad Project or PRF)", you can change the file type to PLN.

This saves you from having to export the PRF file from the older version first.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Tom Krowka
Booster
Gotcha. thanks. TK.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com