Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Favourites. Lost productivity

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you create a Favorites dataset consisting of beams and columns using profiles, loading Favorites becomes very slow. I created 800 types of rolling stock, but it became impossible to work in the program.
16 REPLIES 16
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
800 seems a bit much. That said, at that point you probably want to start sorting things in subfolders, because no-one wants to scroll through 800 items to find the one they need?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The range of metal products includes 1 000 000 items. And I want them all at my disposal.
If ARCHICAD claims to be a BIM Manager, ARCHICAD must be optimized to work with large data sets.
ARCHICAD does not process favorites quickly. This is bad.
It tries to build an image of each profile in the preview. You must give the designer the ability to disable preview in certain favorite directories. This would be a good optimization solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
800 seems a bit much. That said, at that point you probably want to start sorting things in subfolders, because no-one wants to scroll through 800 items to find the one they need?
Sorting doesn't help. The Archicad algorithm is such that It still tries to load all the contents of the favorites into memory.
Even when I go into an empty Favorites folder, ARCHICAD thinks for about 1-2 minutes. It is impossible to work
Barry Kelly
You can set your favourites palette to display 2D previews rather than 3D.
2D will generate faster than 3D.
Also try the list view rather than the larger icons - this may be a little faster as well.

Also set the palette to 'Filter to Active Tool Only' and 'Filter Folders Automatically' so you only see the favourites and folders that are applicable.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now the processor always processes all the information contained in the mass-data. Filters increase performance slightly by adjusting the display.
You must prevent the processor from processing unnecessary data (see attachment).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Noticed that the processor much load favorites based on complex profiles. For example-a round pipe with about 80 points. But another method of plotting radius curves GRAPHISOFT has not yet offered us
Anonymous
Not applicable
FYI. i'm having a similar issue. AC22 favorites worked at acceptable rate. AC23 they are unusably slow.

I see not difference in loading 2d vs. 3d previews. Both crawl.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TISSOT_1853 wrote:
When you create a Favorites dataset consisting of beams and columns using profiles, loading Favorites becomes very slow. I created 800 types of rolling stock, but it became impossible to work in the program.
You can set your favourites palette to display 2D previews rather than 3D.
2D will generate faster than 3D.
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
TISSOT_1853 wrote:
Noticed that the processor much load favorites based on complex profiles. For example-a round pipe with about 80 points. But another method of plotting radius curves GRAPHISOFT has not yet offered us
Hi,

Thank you for sharing this with us and everyone else. We have added a wish into our database to address this. Its reference number is Wish #12586.

Hopefully, it will be implemented in the future.

If you happen to be using these pipes vertically, perhaps using columns where the core is let's say Air and the Veneer can be something else, then this would offer you the ability to modify them in a parametric way.
Sadly, this option does not apply for beams.
If you happen to have MEP modeler, I would suggest using it as it can achieve a similar result.

We have added a wish to allow Veneers to be applied to beams as well just to be thorough, and it can prove to be a good feature.

Till then, I wish you all a happy new year and a great day!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com