Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Favourites. Lost productivity

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you create a Favorites dataset consisting of beams and columns using profiles, loading Favorites becomes very slow. I created 800 types of rolling stock, but it became impossible to work in the program.
16 REPLIES 16
rjwilden
Booster
We have just had hot fix 4006 and this problem of favourites loading slow is still there.
If I haven't used a FAV selection for a while it has to load them all again.
How about putting a bit of urgency on this one.
Is everyone experiencing this slow load up of favourites.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

There are various things that can contribute to the slowness of the Favorites loading. I am wondering if you can describe a bit more specific about what is the exact problem that is happening, and how do you find the performance comparing to AC22?

If it's possible, I would like to take a look at a sample file from you in order to experience the issue myself and investigate further. Let me know here or by PM if you'll need a secure link to send the file to.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

rjwilden
Booster
mnguyen wrote:
Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

There are various things that can contribute to the slowness of the Favorites loading. I am wondering if you can describe a bit more specific about what is the exact problem that is happening, and how do you find the performance comparing to AC22?

If it's possible, I would like to take a look at a sample file from you in order to experience the issue myself and investigate further. Let me know here or by PM if you'll need a secure link to send the file to.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Hi Minh

V22 works just as expected, the Fav elements show up with no lag. 3D and 2D
V23 shows lag in 2D and 3D, in the Fav pallet, and the quick selection in the tool bar.
The lag also occurs in my template files well as my current project file
I am attaching a recordit animation link that shows what is happening.
How do I send you a link to my project file.

Thanks Richard

https://recordit.co/oD2tIdgpt0
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Richard,

I have sent you a link via Private Message where you can drop the file to!

My first thought is, due to the complexity of the fills, it might take a few seconds for the system to generate previews for the favorite items. But, since you mentioned that there was no issue with AC22, there might be a problem with AC23 here.

Let me know once you have finished uploading the file. Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
This link shares imo the same issue:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=66023

my problem is that AC after input of the the first letter of a search term (E.g. „wall“) immediately interrupts the input and lists all Favorites containing a W. then the next letter A and again AC shows all Favorites with WA. And so on.

Maybe the listing could be faster (don’t know v22 speed) but the missing time to complete a word before AC starts searching (or the problem that you cant Continue writing while AC searches) seems the main issue to me.

The speed difference between 2d and 3d is a minor one.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Smithy wrote:
This link shares imo the same issue:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=66023

my problem is that AC after input of the the first letter of a search term (E.g. „wall“) immediately interrupts the input and lists all Favorites containing a W. then the next letter A and again AC shows all Favorites with WA. And so on.

Maybe the listing could be faster (don’t know v22 speed) but the missing time to complete a word before AC starts searching (or the problem that you cant Continue writing while AC searches) seems the main issue to me.

The speed difference between 2d and 3d is a minor one.
Hi,

Thank you for your report!

This issue is recorded in our system. But unfortunately, we are still figuring out how to properly improve the speed without losing accuracy. The issue is caused by the fact that, as soon as you type a character in the search field, it triggers a search for any element that contains this character. The circle repeats when you enter another one. Although this should ensure that you will not miss any results, it will affect the performance heavily if you have a large collection of favorites.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this issue. But rest assure that performance is what we want to improve in every ARCHICAD release. I hope that our developers will have a solution soon!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The "Search" field should use a definable Auto-Update Delay like the one you can set in the Work Environment Dialog for Dialog Boxes (Work Environment Dialog > Dialog Boxes and Palette page.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27