Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Fence

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have problem.. how create that fence in AC10 ? X = 3.0 Y = 3.5
Please help me
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Zaza,

The simplest way without physically modelling it would be to add an alpha layer to the image in photoshop. This will allow the background and all the gaps between the bars to show as invisible. Then save it as a tiff and put it in a loaded library.

You can then set it as a material in ArchiCAD, set the correct size and tick bumpmapped and transparency in the material settings, and apply it to a thin piece of wall the same size.

You will have to play around with the 'Align 3d texture' and 'Set Origin' under the 'Design' menu to align it correctly in the 3d window. See the AC10 help files for more info.

Looking at the image you have though, it will take quite a bit of work to clean up sufficiently to be able to select all the white bits to save as the alpha. Try increasing the contrast several times and/or converting it to black and white in different orders to see which works best. This should save you some work before you start manually editing it.

Good luck!

Pete.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Pete..

I change Texture the Brick-Red (see screen)

after i create the wall - X=3000 Y=3500

and after Render this result..

sorry for my English
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you want to create a new material it is best to copy an existing one that is similar to yours and rename it. This way it keeps the original so you can use it later.

You seem to have renamed your texture to an existing name to get it to load. This may cause you unexpected problems in the future.

If you have created the alpha layer correctly don't forgot to click the 'Transparency' check box.

The problem you are having when you render is that you haven't matched the lightworks settings to the internal engine settings.

As in the image below, select the 'lightworks Rendering Engine' option (arrowed) to see the settings. First click the 'Match with Internal Engine' button at the bottom. This should make the scale the same between the two engines.

Make sure the file names are the same as the image you are using. Also check the 'Transparency' setting is a Wrapped mask with the correct file name.
You may find you have to play around with the various settings to get it to work properly. Its the best way to learn how it works!!

Hope that's clear. It's more complicated to explain than to actually do!

Pete.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Peter ..