BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Foreign Languages not Displaying Correctly?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I'm fairly new at ArchiCAD (under 6 months) and definitely still learning how to use the program.

What's the trick to multi-language displays? When I re-open *.pln files from clients in foreign countries (non-english) the languages (esp cyrillic based) are garbled and don't display correctly -though switching over MY windows (XP) typing into their language, I CAN re-edit everything and resave it -but this takes a LOT of time- is there a shorter method to getting *.pln files to display their native langugages correctly on my machine?

Also most people who give me files are still on AC10x while I am using AC11x mostly... Is this a problem: I've reinstalled AC10 but since I install in english, it seems to still happen. I set my native langugage into their's and opened up AC10 and AC11 but no dice- same problem. I'm guessing it's some setting I don't know about in ArchiCAD. Do I need some language pack or something? (French, German- with some unusual characters, and Cyrillic- which is seriously illegible).

-I CAN redit all their notes, but it's time consuming.

I'm digging for answers, checking the program and looking for a tutorial for this section- If someone knows of the solution or where to direct me to look that would be very helpful.

Much obliged!

1 REPLY 1
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Grandma,

Is this happening to text in drawings, or to text in dialogs? Texts in drawings are unicode since ArchiCAD 9 (other parts of ArchiCAD became unicode later), so this really should not happen. The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the type of font installed on your computer, and the proxy font does not support cyrillic. Make sure you have the right fonts.

If the problem happens in dialogs, please check if this helps:
http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Cyrillic_font_problems
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!