General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Graphisoft North America Price Increase for 2023

poco2013
Mentor

Just got a notice of a price increase for North America  subscriptions - However, will not affect SSA as of now. I am not a conspiracy nut but I find it very curious that many architect software companies are raising prices roughly the same and at the same time???

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
30 REPLIES 30
Karl Ottenstein

I'm extremely confused by the email we got in North America along with the prices listed in the link contained in that email.   Rather than telling us what the SSA price for an existing license is changing to, and offering the current price vs that if paid in advance, the linked page shows what a subscription-only license will cost - if I understand their wording, that is.

The page gives subscription licensing in the US of the full version at 335/month ($4,020 for a year!!) - or $2,700 for a year if paid in full in advance.  Strangely, to me, the Solo version saves only $300/year - costing $2,400/year if paid in advance... and you have to wonder at so little savings, why bother?  Maybe they're trying to phase out Solo.

Here's the email that was sent to North American customers:

We’re reaching out to let you know that on April 1st, 2023 Graphisoft will be increasing the price of its products and services. The price of SSA/ Forward Membership will increase for all new and renewing contracts after May 1st, 2023.

Like all businesses, we have been affected by the current global economic situation and rising overall costs. We are committed to ensuring that our customers have access to the most up-to-date and reliable software and services. Graphisoft appreciates your loyal support and looks forward to continuing to serve you in the future. You have time to purchase additional products or services before the change comes in to effect.

See the subscription license pricing and contact your local Graphisoft representative for more information <link>. 

From all of us at Graphisoft – thank you for being a part of the Graphisoft community. 

The Graphisoft North America Team

Here's what the linked page shows - for USA (Canada shows CDN $).  Yet, there is nothing about SSA pricing for existing licenses...unless they are telling us that licenses are being converted to full subscription to get any future updates?

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 2.53.47 PM.jpg

Is the implication that licenses will not be sold (perpetual license as we have always had) any longer, and that subscription is the only option in the future?  Too little information makes the email and linked page more confusing than informative.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Mjules_2-1674085681236.png

I wonder why Graphisoft will force a single practitioner to subscribe to "Full teamwork capabilities." 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

It's interesting that those CDN $ prices do not reflect the current exchange rate of  CDN$ 1 = US$ 0.74.  Makes either Solo or Full licenses cheaper in Canada at the moment.

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

The price of Archicad Subscription in the US is now equal to your competitor Revit. Interesting times ahead!

NathanHildebrandt_0-1674087401579.png

Or get the full AEC suite for just a little bit more.

NathanHildebrandt_1-1674087661436.png

Nemetschek really needs to come up with a bundle price for all of their tools at a competitive price.

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX

If they came in at the same price in the U.S., most people would prefer using Revit, and that could cost the company a lot of money as well.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
jl_lt
Ace

Its not looking good. They really arent listening.

If they keep toying with this suscription idea, lets see what they do when thousands and thousands of users, many of whom are with Archicad only because they want to have a full license instead of suscription, leave for greener pastures.

Its not like their position, either in the global market share or current quality of the product relative to competitors, is that strong right now as to make this kind of bold (and stupid) move. 

But its their call and their business. If they want to burn it to the ground because of the shortsightedness of some shareholders, many of whom probably have never used the software, so be it. 

But many here have a business too. with all the pain in our hearts, we will be reviewing other options as of this moment in case they end up doing the unspeakable.

One point mentioned in the release was that the SSA/Forward subscription fee will also be increased after May 1st,2023.  Prices will remain firm until May 1st -- after that who knows. I am wondering if Graphisoft intends to phase out the SSA through future price increases?? I agree, that we need to know of their future plans in order to re-evaluate our options

Gerry

Im not against reasonable price increases (but not jumping in joy either). Its understandable up to a certain point of course, since the value with are getting with each release has diminished relative to the ammount paid. 

What´s not acceptable is if its a hidden ploy of any sort to transition us all to a suscription license... like they are already (aparently) doing with their stepsister company, Vectorworks.

Dont let us be fooled by them or anyone saying that a suscription model will make it easier for them to make more releases and create better content, because it will not: Captive income only creates laziness and contempt for the very paying customers that support you.

It's 2023. you will own nothing and be happy.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Theoretically if you have nothing then you have no loss to fear. Strange then that corporations & some individuals seem quite keen on controlling & delivering a big chunk of those ephemeral products these days... they seem to have developed an unhealthy sense of entitlement to the detriment of the rest of society. It's a very different attitude to the one Bill Gates created of empowering the masses.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
dcerezo
Advocate

Look, if you're going to charge more money, and this is a substantial increase in price, then we should see "substantial" upgrade improvements with multiple user requests addressed. You can't ethically ask more...for less.

ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma

They "just" raised SSA last year to $880, and came out with a sh!tshow of a version upgrade (26). Are you telling me that in 2023 SSA will jump from $880/year to $335/month (disguised as an ending of perpetual. licensing in favor of a subscription based plan only)?

I was wondering when the time to switch to Revit would be... looks like the picture is becoming clearer.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

According to a Graphisoft local partner in Canada, these prices are only for subscription licenses. For perpetual licenses, the price will also be increased for users with annual agreements, but will not be so high. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Another raise with minimal feature enhancements no doubt. Or a regression as we've seen with the 26 UI (in particular attribute menus).

*sigh*

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

@Rex Maximilian wrote:

They "just" raised SSA last year to $880, and came out with a sh!tshow of a version upgrade (26). Are you telling me that in 2023 SSA will jump from $880/year to $335/month (disguised as an ending of perpetual. licensing in favor of a subscription based plan only)?

I was wondering when the time to switch to Revit would be... looks like the picture is becoming clearer.

The email and the linked web page are just the latest indication that  Graphisoft is incapable of doing anything without scr*wing it up.   Sending an email blast (the only one I've received in a year since I opted out of marketing) that provides basically zero info and creates more questions than it answers is just incompetent.

So, I contacted my reseller who responded immediately to let me know that:

1. ArchiPLUS/SSA/Forward in the USA will be increasing from $ 880 to $ 975/year after April

2.  No, it is not possible to pay your ArchiPLUS renewal in advance to get the lower rate.

3.  The lower rate would only apply to new licenses purchased before the increase.  (I didn't ask what the price increase for new licenses is... I assume they are still selling perpetual licenses... but the link to the rental license/SSA combination page makes you wonder.)

@Karl Ottenstein wrote:

@Rex Maximilian wrote:

1. ArchiPLUS/SSA/Forward in the USA will be increasing from $ 880 to $ 975/year after April

10% price increase in one year -- Looks like a slow phase out of SSA through price increases to me.--  It appears that we have a couple of years yet but time  to consider other options to be safe?

Gerry

Thanks Karl. Imagine a forum user such as yourself having to reach out to a reseller for details to update us all; as opposed to a clarification from GS themselves here, on their official communication channel.

The wheels are falling off their wagon!

…and wow! A 20% increase in two years. As mentioned above, at this rate they will price themselves out of a subscription user base.

As a long term user as I am, I’m sure you miss the hey days of when R&D and customer support and response drove the software, instead of marketing and revenue stream for the company.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

Heard new full licenses will go to $6,775.00

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

That's insane if true!

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Botonis
Advisor

https://graphisoft.com/jp/new-price

Translate in Engilsh

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.