Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Grasshopper - Archicad Live Connection - I can't installed RHINO IS NOT FOUND ON THIS COMPUTER

ape2000
Booster

Hello everyone, 

I installed the Archicad-Grasshopper live connection and at that time I had the 2 version of Archicad 25 (Full and Solo). I realised that it was only installed in the full version. Currently I can only work with the solo version.

Anyway. I uninstalled the full version because I do not need it anymore and reinstalled the plugin to see if, automatically got installed on the Solo path. It did not do, so I tried to uninstall Rhino.

It is a nightmare though, because there is not protocol to uninstall anyway I followed what Mcneel proposes on its website. I reinstalled rhino 7 and after I tried to install the live connection Archicad-Grasshopper and I got that RHINO IS NOT FOUND ON THIS COMPUTER, as you can see Rhino is in the background and working perfectly.

I do not know what is wrong with Archicad, Rhino or the live connection. It is always a mess to install.

Last November something similar happened, in that case the button on the interoperability tab did not appear.

Can someone help me this time?

Regards

J

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 20.30.13.png

10 REPLIES 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!

At the moment, we are having two different addons for the connection: one for Rhino 5&6, and the other is for Rhino 6&7. I'm wondering if the correct package is used in this case?

If the correct package is used and you are still having the problem, I suggest contacting the local support with the Installer log attached. The log can be found under /Users/Shared/Install.GS/ bitrock_installer.log

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 20.06.37.png

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 20.04.13.png

Hello,

I have manage to uninstall and reinstalled but I have another issue.

I am using an old file (the famous twisted tower). I opened the pln file and then rhino with the grasshopper file. I am now able to sync with the live connection (it cannot be seen in the screenshot) but I cannot Cannot connect the document with Archicad. The ports though are the same.

Would you be able to help?

Thanks,

J

Hi J,

Glad to hear that the installation problem is solved!

Regarding your new question: have you tried with a brand new file in both Archicad and Rhino/Grasshopper? Does it connect or is there any problem on Archicad or Rhino side?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

ape2000
Booster

Hi Minh

I have started a project from scratch, 

The connection is working but when I try to set one 2D curve in Archicad it does not link it.

I am going to try for 3rd time to uninstall rhino and the AC-GH connection

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Javier

ape2000
Booster

Hi Mihn

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Rhino using their instructions.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Live connection following the instructions

The live connection shows that is working but when I make any change in grasshopper it does not get updated on Archicad, just in Rhino

Could you please help me ? I wasted some time last Friday and today trying to sort this out.

Thanks

Javier

Hi Javier,

Thank you very much for the new info!

What you have described seems similar to the defect DEF-7591. On some certain macOS machines, the connection does not work correctly, even though the palette suggests that there's no problem with the connection.

Unfortunately, there's no workaround for this issue, but we target to fix this in the 4th update for Archicad 25.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this issue is causing! Rest assured that our developers are aware of this and hopefully we will be able to fix it soon.

Thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if you need anything else!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

ape2000
Booster

Hi Minh

Thanks for your response

If that is the issue this is quite disappointing. I have to start a project next month and I was planning to use Rhino-Grasshopper...

Anyway, I have to check but I think I set up Archicad-rhino-grasshopper a few months ago in a old Mac laptop from the office and it worked. I think it was macOS Big Sur in both.

Is this DEF-7591 issue related to this OS?

Is there any more information somewhere? I would need a workaround somehow, could I downgrade the OS?

Regards,

Javier Garcia

I seem to facing the same issue.  I cannot connect to Grasshopper from Archicad on a Mac. I am running Archicad 25 4013, Rhino 7 and Grasshopper Connection 4010.  I have done a terminal netstat | grep 19723 analysis and found that the localhost port 19723 is connecting to multiple ports in the 50000 plus range and then timing out.Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 5.12.02 pm.jpg

Kind Regards,

Sebastian Monroe

Director/Architect

T: +61 3 9017 6666

www.codearchitecture.com.au

NOM ARCH VIC ARB: 17939

Archicad v26, Mac Mini INTEL 64GB, AMD Radeon Pro

Hi Javier,

Sadly, yes, the problem ties directly to macOS, but not to any specific version. There is no workaround to it either, as the problem seems to be specific to certain machines.

On Windows, the problem does not happen. We are still working on fixing the issue. The good news is that, we could reproduce the issue on a brand new Macbook here in the HQ, so it will definitely help with the troubleshooting.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT