Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Grasshopper connection install issue

felcunha
Expert

Hello all,

I've tried to install the new AC-GH connection for AC25 and I've got the following message:

"Error.

Another version of Grasshopper-Archicad Live Connection is already installed. To continue, you must first uninstall the other version."

I've uninstalled the AC24 connection hoping that it could be the issue. That worked and I could install it for AC25.

Now I can't reinstall the AC24 connection.

Anyone knows a solution?

I'm using macOS Catalina, v10.15.7

Thanks!

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
5 REPLIES 5
Gino Hansen
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Felipe. Unfortunately there can be only one Live Connection on your Mac. If you want to use AC 24 you have to uninstall AC 25 and vice versa...

AC 16- AC27
WIN 10 , Mac Studio OS 12.6

This is such a bummer, most people I know are working with multiple versions of Archicad all the time.

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Gino Hansen
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

You can bypass the installer by copy the plugins into the dedicated folders. The key point is that there should be an option to choose different Communication Ports for each Version.

AC 16- AC27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear all,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences!

Generally, it is not recommended to install multiple versions of Grasshopper-Archicad connection. However, we can bypass this limitation by activating a developer setting:

In Rhino there is a command you can enter: "GrasshopperDeveloperSettings". It allows you to specify the directory where "ArchiCADConnection.gha" file is located in. You can add multiple locations here. Upon starting Grasshopper, if it finds multiple ArchiCADConnection.gha file, it will ask which one you want to load.

For Archicad, it requires the correct APX file inside Add-ons folder.

It's not an easy thing to execute, this is why we don't recommend using it.

I hope this gives you an idea of how to have multiple Grasshopper-Archicad connections.

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Gino Hansen
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Minh, Thanks for sharing this with us. It's always god to have alternative solutions in pocket....."if you don't go you don't know".😀

AC 16- AC27