BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

HELP!! AC Software license lost?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
So... we have a new MacBook Pro laptop on OSX 10.12.6 running AC20 great for a week after OS updated from 10.12.5. The machine is one month old.

Then yesterday AC20 crashed when the zoom tool was used - symptom: many parallel lines across the workspace window, and total freeze-crash of the app. Forced quit and restarted AC. Same result and symptom. So we shut down the Mac and attempted restart - which failed! The OS never loaded, in regular or even safe mode. Very unhappy.

Next day, Apple Store got it to boot up, but had to partition the hard drive and reinstall the OS to get it to start up and boot the OS. OK, but very curious if this was a proper fix.

Now the worst part - the ArchiCAD license was downloaded on this machine when it crashed, and now its lost. I'm the administrator of the license, but its not available to me on my Mac using GS License Manager Tool. And the now running new MacBookPro also cannot find the license.

The license is either damaged or trapped on the other Mac's damaged hard drive partition! I can't get any work done! How can I get my license back?!

Thanks much for any help!
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Contact your local distributor and they should be able to work their magic and release the license for you to access again.
Or so I believe - I still use the codemeter keys.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Contact your local distributor and they should be able to work their magic and release the license for you to access again.
Or so I believe - I still use the codemeter keys.

Barry.
Thanks. Yes, I've reached out to them, and hope the solution is fairly procedural.
Larquitec
Participant

I have the same problem, lost my Archicad 24 license, on computer crash that result on a total disk formatting.

I've contacted my distributor, and they say, that I have to pay $$ for a new license! ¿?¿? it's that normal?! please help!!

Learn and get certified!