Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Having 2 EDU licences in 2 diferent pc

Wiztecture
Contributor

Hello,

Currently I have an EDU license (ver 24) at my desktop computer.

Is it possible to apply for a 2nd EDU license  for a different version? (ver 25 with the hide element feature) for my laptop?

If no, can I still install my current version (24), also at my laptop and used them simultaneously? (laptop and desktop Archicad 24)

Why both of them?

Because there are some times that I have a student colleague, (at my apartment)  who doesn't own a laptop in order to work both of us in the same space.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon

This does not make sense.

EDU licenses expire yearly, so based on your location the 24 License should need to be renewed soon since 25 came out more than a year ago. AFAIK the new registration will apply to the current version of AC which is 26 and that serial number should not work with 24.

Independently there is no issue running two different versions of AC versions so you can apply for a 25 license if 24 is still running.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thank you for your answer.

At the start of the year 2022, Archicad asked me to re-verify my student status IF I want to keep using the program. So what I did. Also it asked me If I want a new license, for ver 25 or keeping the same version.

I kept of course the same version because I am still learning that one and also there aren't plenty video tutorials (pay to view) for higher versions. (and also the latest versions  - any cad aid program - have the most of the bugs :p)

Back to my question, you are saying that I can apply for a new license (25 or 26) and also keeping (and running) the existing 24.

That will help a lot

Eduardo Rolon

This looks like a recent change.

• If you re-certify and do not ask for an upgrade then it lets you keep using the "old" version. It was my understanding that when a serial number expired and you renewed then you would get a serial for the latest version available.
  • If this is the case there exists the possibility that if you upgrade then when your version of 24 expires you will not be able to get a new serial number for that one.

Based on this if you want to keep 24 for the foreseeable future I would not upgrade the serial to 25. In my account I don't see an option to get a new serial for an older version.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

When I heard that ver 25 has the feature to hide elements, I thought that it's time to upgrade. ( I was wondering why on earth Archicad doesn't have one of most important feature, -coming from Autocad Architecture-  )

By upgrading I know that I need a new license.

So.. if I will upgrade to 25, can I apply also for a license ver 26 (for my laptop).

I guess in the most worst scenario, they license for ver 25 it will be cancelled.

ar.JPG