Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Help: Archicad stops working when I try to open PhotoRendering Settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone.

I'm encountering a rather strange problem.
In my new workstation, whenever I try to open the PhotoRendering Settings the program stops working completely (the wheel starts spinning indefinitely and in Task Manager it's in "Not responding"). I tried waiting for quite some time, but it doesn't give signs of working.
And it is not a problem related to the complexity of the project; I tried with a new file with just a small wall. Still nothing. The wheel starts spinning immediately.

My specs:
Archicad 23
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core
16-GB RAM DDR4-3200
Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8 GB NITRO

The strange thing is that I never had this problem with my laptop (5-year-old MacBook Pro).

Any idea how I can fix this problem?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check here to see if there is some problem with your video card.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I checked, but mine should be fine.

In the link you shared with me, they tested the previous generation of my Video Card, the AMD RX 580 8 GB, and it performed great.
I got the AMD RX 590 8 GB, and everything works smoothly (even in 4K resolution).
I just encountered that one (big) problem. As soon as I click on the PhotoRendering Setting icon, Archicad stops.
Lingwisyer
Guru
A lot changes between hardware generations, so while the old may have worked fine, the new may not... There have been various cases of AMD cards causing issues. Is there someone you can borrow a different GPU from to test?

Do not think it has been linked to this kind of isolated case, but, have you tried turning off hardware acceleration?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Leo,

Thank you for reporting the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

Reading the description, my first thought is to check in Task Manager, whether you can find the CineRenderNEM process is running or not? I can replicate the same behavior on any machine: after killing this process, ARCHICAD will freeze if the process is not running when you open PhotoRendering Settings.

Let me know about the result of this test!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT