BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Help Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum and if it belongs in a different one please feel free to move it to the correct location. My biggest issue the AC is that much of the help documents, videos and such are based on earlier versions of AC, some as far back as AC12. I currently use AC20 and will admit I am not an AC wizard but proficient enough to be productive. That being said, I still have times when I need to use the help information to solve an issue intuitively. It can be very confusing when the screen shots or videos don't look like what I see on my screen. I can't make a one to one connection to the procedure/process. It would be nice if when GS decides to change the look of menus and pallets that they also update the graphics in the help documentation to match the current version of AC. There is nothing worse than when what is in the help documentation doesn't match what you see on the screen except for AC not working at all. Hoping someone at GS will take note and bring the help documentation up to date (AC21 I believe).
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
DrWho wrote:
My biggest issue the AC is that much of the help documents, videos and such are based on earlier versions of AC, some as far back as AC12. I currently use AC20 and ...
As with your signature (V19 although you now use V20) any documentation, video, tutorials, etc., created before version 20 will of course not show the new interface.
It would be impractical (if not impossible) to update all existing documentation.
You should find that the reference manuals (for version 20) in the help menu and in the on-line help center are all written showing the V20 interface.
Although I haven't looked at them the new tutorials and training guides for 20 and the YouTube videos for 20 features should all be showing the new interface.

I guess as time goes by some of the older documentation may get re-created with version 20.
The new interface is a very large and very obvious change and I agree it can be confusing when looking at older documentation and trying to match it with the new look.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!