Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Help: Error Crash when entering text in Archicad 21 (MacOS Catalina)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

Currently, I have a problem with the text editing in Archicad 21. (And i have tried to reboot and to uninstall, reinstall etc. but the problem is still there).
The problem is when i try to modify or to enter a text it crashes every time.

I have this log error :

Process: ARCHICAD [1637]
Version: 21.0.0 v1 GER [8002] (21.0.0.8002)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: ARCHICAD [1637]

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.3 (19D76)
Report Version: 12

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process: exc handler [1637]

Application Specific Information:
Cannot form weak reference to instance (0x7f9727c24a00) of class DGUniRichEditText. It is possible that this object was over-released, or is in the process of deallocation.
BUG IN CLIENT OF LIBPLATFORM: Trying to recursively lock an os_unfair_lock

Does someone know what to do ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry about the experience!

From your description, this is a known issue with macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and ARCHICAD. Unfortunately, ARCHICAD 21 is not supported on macOS Catalina, mainly due to compatibility problems and other OS-specific issues. I would strongly advise you to upgrade to a newer ARCHICAD version in order to use it with macOS Catalina. Here you can find out more information about macOS Catalina: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/87527/

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope this will answer your question about the crash!

Have a great Sunday!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry about the experience!

From your description, this is a known issue with macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and ARCHICAD. Unfortunately, ARCHICAD 21 is not supported on macOS Catalina, mainly due to compatibility problems and other OS-specific issues. I would strongly advise you to upgrade to a newer ARCHICAD version in order to use it with macOS Catalina. Here you can find out more information about macOS Catalina: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/87527/

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope this will answer your question about the crash!

Have a great Sunday!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have same issue with an Archicad SE 2018, so only option is to update to last mrchiicad version right?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Andrea wrote:
I have same issue with an Archicad SE 2018, so only option is to update to last mrchiicad version right?
Hi Andrea,

Yes, ARCHICAD SE 2018 is based on ARCHICAD 21, therefore, you may encounter the same behavior on macOS Catalina. With STAR(T) Edition, only ARCHICAD SE 2019 build 6033 or above can be used on macOS Catalina. I recommend upgrading to newer ARCHICAD version to ensure compatibility with macOS Catalina.

Thank you very much for sharing the experience! I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT