BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Help, Urgent Issue - Layout's Freaked out Wierd Rotation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Out of nowhere my layout View glitches. The sheet rotated 90 and the layout rotated some random amount past 90. See image. I have no idea how it hapned and no idea how to fix it. All the layouts in the project have the same issue. I tried to close and re-open with no success. Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
The gridlines that align with the content (master/placed drawing) are a hint that somehow the rotated grid was turned on. At the bottom left of your screen, you can see this is the case by the rotated grid selection button. Also, above that - lower left of the layout window, you can see two black arrows for the x/y axes ... and can see that the y axis is currently rotated to be to the right and down. I don't see why this would affect existing layouts, only newly placed stuff.

Switch by to orthogonal grid to see if it helps. Check your master layout and see what grid setting is in use there. Verify that the desired master layout is associated with each layout - change the display of your layoutbook to group by master. It doesn't look like the currently selected master is big enough for your sheet content, but maybe that's the way it was before.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure how but the issue fixed itself when I added a new layout to the set. I think it was a major glitch. This is the second time it has happened to me and I have no idea how to fix it. last time I had to reconstruct the project.

Rotating the grid had no affect. I was messing with that after it glitches to see if it would fix it. It din not affect anything.

I am good for the moment but worried if it happens again.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
chriszolezzi:

Similar bug discussed here:
Skewed Layouts
Adding a layout usually fixed it.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Same thing just happened to me, all layouts skewed after a crash, and the add layout fix worked. I have a deadline in the morning… I almost threw my computer out of the 17th floor window!

FYI, I recently added a rotated view to one of my site plans, which was at the angle affecting my layouts, so I imagine that was the cause.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Learn and get certified!