BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Help me Turning OFF some (for me) annoying/unproductive AC "auto functions"

nejcek74
Contributor
So, few days ago I upgraded AC 21 to the latest patch and start working on new project. Now I suffer from some annoyances, some are new, some are old, but I forgot where and how to turn them off:

1. the light grey window in the lower left corner, popping up occasionally and slowing/interrupting my work
- suggesting for example to backup my teamwork project
- sometimes just saying what I am doing
I forgot it's name, I alreaday removed it in the past

2. a "new function"? that automatically calls "drag" command after you select single one object in the drawing. This one is driving me mad, because now I sometimes unintentionally drag an object without realising it.

some old things:
3. is it possible to remove "drag" icon from pet pallet?
4. sometimes I can't get the orthogonal values in the tracker when dragging elements , even with the "orthogonal grid on". Using shift is not useful because I need to type distance in tracker. Is there any other way to force orto? 5. sometimes the tracker info stayes "baked" on my screen and it's visible on all other programs I am using on my mac. I have to go back and move the coursor. Anyone knows why?

Any insight will be helpful. I put everything in one thread so not to trash the forum with too many things. Btw, I work with AC since 2012, so I wait long to start bothering with this
Archicad 22 on OS X 10.11.6
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The 'little grey box' sounds like some teamwork pop ups. You can try turning off 'new message alert' in work environment > user pref schemes > more options.

Pet palette defaults to the last action you executed with it, as far as I know, so if you used it to drag it will try to drag again or rotate etc. It is activated by clicking on edges, corners, hotspots etc of selected elements. So after clicking once to select, you would have to click again on a selected able part of whatever you selected to activated the pet palette action.

As far as I know you cannot edit what is shown in the pet palette, however, you can 'bypass' using it by just using keyboard shortcuts or right clicking and going in to the 'move' commands there.

Constrain by holding down shift, keep holding down shift, press tab and you should be able to type in the tracker.

Tracker getting stuck sounds like a bug. Currently not working on a MAC so can't check if I can replicate the problem. Best bet is to get in touch with your local reseller, they will probably ask you to send some logs or run some diagnostic software to provide them with a log.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
nejcek74
Contributor
1. thx, I turned it off now, but messages usually ask me if I want to back up my Teamwork project.

2. I never, ever invoke "drag" with pet pallete, I always use keyboard shortcut, that's why I am trying to get rid of it. Because when I switch between different types (like wall, fill, etc) the pet thing always jumps back to "drag"But actually under 2 I was speaking about something else:
- I want to delete an Fill
- I click on Fill and try to press delete button
- after a very short delay (sometimes longer) Fill now jumps behind my cursor
- if I press "delete" it unselect the Fill
This happens only when I select a single element.

4. on my Mac I cannot invoke Tab after pressing or holding Shift.

Thx for your reply
nejcek74
Contributor
found a solution for nr. 1.: the light grey window in the lower left corner, popping up occasionally and slowing/interrupting my work

it's thing called "Automatic Reminder to Send Changes"
"This is an optional feature. Enable or disable it at Options > Work Environment > Data Safety and Integrity. Here, you can also set how often the notice should appear."
link to help center:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/collaboration/teamwork/send-receive-changes-in-teamwork/
nejcek74
Contributor
problem nr. 2 is really hard to pin down:
- it was present on both bersions on my comp, 20 and 21
- reinstaled AC doesnt help (updated or not)
- Preference cleaning according to this:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/setup/preferences-cleaning/
didn't help
- found that on admin account this problem is not present
- I made a new account (on Mac), problem is not present
so, seems like probelem is somewhere on the realiton Mac maus driver / settings - AC, I am not able to solve it, but I will need to find a solution, as my new account is not fuly usable in our office network. Any idea what to check would be really appreciated.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!