Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Help please! new computer not rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently bought a new computer and the spec is:
AMD Anthelion 64x2 dual core processor 4400 + 2.30ghz
RAM 2gb
System type: 32bit operating system
Adapter: ATI radion expression 1250
Working on Vista

I have looked into this and believe I may have the wrong graphics card to work with archicad 11 on vista ( but i'm not sure). I do not know a lot about computers but would like to know how I could improve my computer to make it render detailed 3d models. This is the only programme I use a lot on my computer as well as Adobe to present my work afterwards.
Do I need more RAM? A better Graphics card? Or something else?

I hope somebody can help,
Thankyou
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
Please outline the experience: exactly what is wrong?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I start to render my model it comes up with a warning saying "Not enough memory to render model". This only happens when my design becomes more complex and detailed.

Thanks,
Nicola
Dwight
Newcomer
While 2Gb of memory is the bare minimum for a modern machine, I bet that your problem is a corrupted element rather than underpower.

Isolating the corrupted element can be done in several ways - through marquee or layer limits. Turning off half the layers and seeing if the problem still exists, etc.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I render I do render by a selected Marquee is that what you mean?If I try what you have said and this doesn't work do you think I need anymore RAM or a better graphics card for it to work?
Is your computer a lot better spce than mine?

Thanks again,
Nicola
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also do not come up with any errors whilst viewing in 3d so I do not think it would be an error on some of my objects. I just need to know if the spec of my computer is good enough to handle archicad and if it is then why doesn't it work properly. Im stuck at what 2 do??

Any help please??
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
AMD Anthelion 64x2 dual core processor 4400 + 2.30ghz
RAM 2gb
System type: 32bit operating system
Adapter: ATI radion expression 1250
With the error you are getting, I would suspect a bad object, or not enough RAM. Seeing as you are running Vista, then you should have at least 4Gb of RAM, as the OS itself uses about 2Gb at idle.
If you want you machine to be faster though, then you definitely need more RAM, but you'll probably also want a new Graphics Card, as the 1250 is nasty. In fact, It's probably an on-board card. Go for a Quadro of some sort, or a Geforce 8600 or 8800.
Bumping up that CPU would give you a lot quicker renderings too, but that will be considerably more expensive.
Of course, If you are looking at doing a lot of rendering, then I highly recommend Artlantis. It's prettier, easier, and faster than Lightworks, and very seldom crashes(I've never seen ATL 2 crash).
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200