Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Hotfix 5 Install Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I give up. Hotfix 5 downloaded as two files - a completely empty *.exe file, and a large *.exe.part file that is obviously the actual file, although I have no idea what that weird double extension is all about.

Neither one will open when I try to double click on it, and when I tried to rename them so that the *.exe.part file was just *.exe, it wouldn't allow me, saying the file was already in use.

I tried downloading it again, and it came down exactly the same way. I'm finding it directly from AC12's update command.

What do I need to do to install this?

And yes, I do have Java 6 installed, whatever that has to do with all of this.

TIA.
3 REPLIES 3
vistasp
Advisor
Hi Wendy,

The *.exe.part file is a partially downloaded file. Once the download completes, it will become just *.exe.

For some reason, the transfer seems to be incomplete. Are you using a download manager? If you can't resume the download then delete the empty *.exe as well as the *.part files and try again.

This kind of thing can be really frustrating - especially for those of us who don't have unlimited bandwidth.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to install hotfix #5 and it keeps coming up "you cannot update an archicad package while archicad is running.." I do not have the program open...

so now I can't use archicad because the hotfix window keeps coming up...

anyone know how to get out of this?

Thanks,
Sharon
Anonymous
Not applicable
sharon wrote:
I'm trying to install hotfix #5 and it keeps coming up "you cannot update an archicad package while archicad is running.." I do not have the program open...

so now I can't use archicad because the hotfix window keeps coming up...

anyone know how to get out of this?
Hi Sharon,

Maybe there is a background ArchiCAD still running somewhere. Have a look at what programs are actually running on the task manager in Windows.

You could also try simply restarting the machine, and try to install again if you haven't done so already.