Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

How to delete X ref Layers imported from a autocad file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Everyone,
I am having a problem with my Layers.
At the beginning of my project, I imported a dwg file in a Worksheet, using 'Attach X ref' . (See Fig-1)
After completion of the modeling, I deleted that file. But Layers from dwg file still existing in my layer as 'X ref Layer. (See Fig-2) I failed to delete those layers manually because The delete option is inactive now. It's really annoying.
Can you please suggest me a way to delete those Layers?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should be able to select all those XREF Layers and delete them in either the Layer Settings Dialog or in the Attribute Manager.

In the future, you are better off using the Drawing Tool to place DWG files in your project. That way attributes coming from the DWG file (Fills, Lines Types, Layers) do not become part of the attribute set of the Project, either.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jl_lt
Ace
Hi Mr. Avishiplu, if you are using the Cad file as a guide for modeling, i recommend using the "place external drawing" which you can find in the same menu instead of Xref, and placing them in a worksheet, which you can later reference using the trace tool. This way you wont need to deal with layers in your file, but you can still control the visualization of the placed drawing.
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should be able to select all those XREF Layers and delete them in either the Layer Settings Dialog or in the Attribute Manager.

In the future, you are better off using the Drawing Tool to place DWG files in your project. That way attributes coming from the DWG file (Fills, Lines Types, Layers) do not become part of the attribute set of the Project, either.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:

Dear Laszlo Nagy
Thanks for ur Solution & Suggestion. Although The layer Settings Dialogue didn't work, the attribute Manager worked fine.
loann_vu
Participant

If that missing xref also had missing attributes, then instead of deleting the layers in the Attribute Manager, I would just make a dummy xref file with the exact name as the missing xref. Then I would Attach that xref. Then, Detach that xref, along with all associated attributes. That would take care of the layers and anything else that came along with it.