Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

How to download Training Series PDFs?

joypog
Newcomer
Hello, I'm changing jobs to an ArchiCAD firm and I am trying to get to the training series PDF booklets on the archicad main page...and it sends me to myarchicad.com which then gives me no links for downloading the PDFs. I tried to dig around my archicad install and I can't find any of the PDFs there either. Anyone have any actual links for downloading the PDFs?

Here is the page from the ArchiCAD site
http://www.graphisoft.com/learning/training_materials/training_series.html
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Once I have logged into MyArchicad I can see the training downloads (for Arcchicad 17 INT) in the "Other Downloads" section.

But that seems to be only because I have downloaded those products before when I wanted the INTernational version.

I have a separate MyArchicad account where I can log in to download the AUStralian version and I don't see the version 17 training guides at all and as joypog says there seems to be no links to get them.
Can anyone point to a simple link that takes you to the training downloads?

The MyArchicad website must be one of the worst ever.
It seems to list only the downloads you have accessed before and doesn't give you access to other country versions or training material or add-ons for those versions.
At least not from what I can see.
Even going through the Archicad Help menu for tutorial downloads takes you to the Graphisoft website where you can find a link to a trial version that has "access to add-ons, training materials and other resources".
Guess where this takes you - My Archicad - back to square one.

Why can't there be a simple website where you can download trial versions for any country or release (16, 17, 18 within reason), the add-ons and any training material?
Even as an experienced user I get frustrated by this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
joypog
Newcomer
Thanks for following up. And yes unfortunately on my end the "Other Downloads" gives me Artlantis, Solibri, and Tekla BIMsight, but not the PDF booklets.
EDIT: WHAT?!?! I refreshed the screen and all the sudden I now have 3 training guides available for download: Advanced Collaboration, Essentials, BIM Experience. Well off to downloading them before they disappear!!
edit2: I figured it out. While floating around the download page, I clicked on the link for the "international" version (I had previously downloaded the USA version). I guess the ITG guides are linked to the international version but not the american one. I am inclined to agree the myarchicad site is subpar. Though I've used some truly awe inspiring awful Construction Administration software by the big 900 pound gorilla CAD software developer so I guess its just par for the course.
joypog
Newcomer
Hmm weird. Those previously mentioned downloads takes me to a website that seems to max out at ArchiCAD 15.

http://www.graphisoft.com/learning/training_materials/itg.html#ESS

I'm confused...I was expecting to just get PDF's that would be used in conjunction with the youtube videos. Oh well, I guess I'll dig in tomorrow and see what's going on. Will keep y'all posted.
joypog
Newcomer
Cool! After emailing with archicad support, the 17 "training series" is now available for download on myarchicad.com! Not sure how it helps other folks in the future, but I guess bugging the right people is the way to go....
Barry Kelly
joypog wrote:
Cool! After emailing with archicad support, the 17 "training series" is now available for download on myarchicad.com! Not sure how it helps other folks in the future, but I guess bugging the right people is the way to go....
Thanks for chasing it up.
As they say "the squeaky wheel gets the oil".

I just checked my AUS Myarchicad account and they appear there now too.
I am sure many will benefit from this.

Thanks again,
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
joypog
Newcomer
Barry wrote:
I just checked my AUS Myarchicad account and they appear there now too.
I am sure many will benefit from this.
Awesome! I was worried it was merely a special dispensation for me....I suspect maybe there was a glitch where the v17 training guides were only being given to v17 downloaders, but not v18 trial users....in any case great to hear they fixed the system all around!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I think probably that was the case. They made some modifications to the settings of the site so now the Training Guides are visible for a lot more people (maybe for everyone).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27