BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

I can't Open some PLN files on Mac os Lion Platform ?

XavierH
Newcomer
I'm a french Architect and I work for a company.
Since we change our computer for mac os lion,
some of files (PLN) can't be opened.

The message is :

The connexion at the "ntsrvarchi.renadumas.com" as failed. The version of the server which you try to connect is not working. Please contact your administrator system to get a solution.

Even if I copy/past the file on the desk, it doesn't work.
The only way to open the file is to open on the old mac os system, break every links, and save it, (but I can't downgrade my mac...)

Someone can't help me ?

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Xavier,

I am assuming ntsrvarchi.renadumas.com is a server that was retired. Your projects may have several links to this machine and you may encounter many similar messages. The file should open if you okay through all of these dialogs.

If it doesn't you might try opening the project while you are disconnected from your local network and the Internet. Here I am again assuming that your domain is "renadumas.com".

If neither suggestion works you should ask you local support person to review the project file on their machine.

Thanks,

Ed
Graphisoft Technical Support
XavierH
Newcomer
Thank you for your answer TEd.

You are right, but not totally:
There are some links connected between the PLN file and the Renadumas serveur.
However, the Renadumas serveur still exist and wasn't retired,
And I can't click "ok" on the message because there is the colored disc from mac os Lion who is activated.
So, you right, the only way to open this kind of file, it's to deconnected the ethernet cable before to open the file,
But don't you think it's a very light solution, "do it yourself".

PS: this kind of files work on wind 7 and work on mac os (the version before lion)

If you are some ideas, please give it to me

Thank you
XavierH
Newcomer
Sorry , I meant "Ed"
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Xavier,

I don't have an elegant solution for you. The issue is only in part related to operating systems. ArchiCAD needs to address the path issue to files, and the designers have this as one of there tasks.

In the future, ArchiCAD will address the changes to the network environment as found in the links in a more comprehensive way, since networking has come a long way since the beginnings of ArchiCAD.

Sorry for your troubles,

Ed
Graphisoft Technical Support
XavierH
Newcomer
Hi Ed,

It will be very very great that we don't have this kind of problem at the next version of Archicad.

Thank you again.
Learn and get certified!