BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

I cannot copy a door I selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am using Archicad 23 and trying to simply copy Ctrl+C a door in my model. I am using windows 10 and there is a windows error sound eveytime I copy it. I tried copy the stair and it was fine. I am very confused why
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
You cannot copy door or window, as it's part of the wall. What you can do - use drag a copy command to make door copy in the same wall or use pipette (shortcut Alt) to pick up parameters from already created door - then new door will have these parameters, or you can inject picked up parameters into another door (syringe to Alt Ctrl).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello kmk63,
Doors and windows are part of a wall, so Ctrl+C wont work. The correct command for this operation is Drag a Copy. Though Ctrl+C/V will work if you select the entire wall.
Hope this helps.
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
You cannot copy door or window, as it's part of the wall. What you can do - use drag a copy command to make door copy in the same wall or use pipette (shortcut Alt) to pick up parameters from already created door - then new door will have these parameters, or you can inject picked up parameters into another door (syringe to Alt Ctrl).
Learn and get certified!