Setup & License forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot copy a door I selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am using Archicad 23 and trying to simply copy Ctrl+C a door in my model. I am using windows 10 and there is a windows error sound eveytime I copy it. I tried copy the stair and it was fine. I am very confused why
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution
Podolsky
Mentor
You cannot copy door or window, as it's part of the wall. What you can do - use drag a copy command to make door copy in the same wall or use pipette (shortcut Alt) to pick up parameters from already created door - then new door will have these parameters, or you can inject picked up parameters into another door (syringe to Alt Ctrl).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello kmk63,
Doors and windows are part of a wall, so Ctrl+C wont work. The correct command for this operation is Drag a Copy. Though Ctrl+C/V will work if you select the entire wall.
Hope this helps.

Solution
Podolsky
Mentor
You cannot copy door or window, as it's part of the wall. What you can do - use drag a copy command to make door copy in the same wall or use pipette (shortcut Alt) to pick up parameters from already created door - then new door will have these parameters, or you can inject picked up parameters into another door (syringe to Alt Ctrl).

View solution in original post

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!