Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

I lost a cut. :!: :!:

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost a cut.

Watch the images, the first image the error that receipt when opening the document, the second error that receipt when opening the cut. Finally I return to open to the cut and me the sample in target. How I recover my drawing? The backup gives he himself error.

Thanks,
Gabriel
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Ace
Open the section in question manually - right click on it, Open. Rebuild and regenerate it. Save the file. Then redefine the view/s.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje, thanks, but I do what you advise I lose everything what I drew in the cut (lines, texts) and that is what it interests to me to have. How I can recover the cut without rebuild?
thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Probably your Section data portion of the file was damaged in some way. It is lucky because you can still open the file. The added annotation content is lost, unless you can open a backup previous version of the Section/Elevation, and copy-pasted those added stuf from it.
This happened to me a lot in AC 6.5.
We took a backup copy of the file, switched of all layers, generated the Section (no content resulted of course, since all layers were off), turned on all layers (this waywe now had all 2D elements in the Section/Elevation with no 3D elements), and then select them, copy them to the Clipboard, go to the other file and paste them to the Section/Elevation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy,

the backup is damaged too.
Djordje
Ace
ggsalas wrote:
Djordje, thanks, but I do what you advise I lose everything what I drew in the cut (lines, texts) and that is what it interests to me to have. How I can recover the cut without rebuild?
thanks
I sympathize.

However, now is the time to consider:

What amount of the lines and the text that you have lost did not HAVE TO be input by hand? Was there a modeling/annotating technique that could have generated the content from the model?

My point is: what look easier now is not necessarily better three months down the line.

Condolences; you will have to rework the thing ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I will have to rework, there is nothing of the model, it is a schematic cut of heating installation.

Now I ask:
  • · Is an error of AC 10?
    · How I did so that my cut of error?
    · That is what I do not have to return to do?
I do not want to return to mistake to me, although it is the first time that happens to me.

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
...This happened to me a lot in AC 6.5.
We took a backup copy of the file, switched of all layers, generated the Section (no content resulted of course, since all layers were off), turned on all layers (this waywe now had all 2D elements in the Section/Elevation with no 3D elements), and then select them, copy them to the Clipboard, go to the other file and paste them to the Section/Elevation.
I know you say the back-up is currupt also, but just to share how I copy 2D information for a Section.

Set the Sections Vertical Range ti Limited and 0' to 1'. Open Section. Only 3D information within 0' and 1' will display. Copy and paste as stated by Lasz.

Screen shot is of AC9
Section Limits.JPG