Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

I lost some important palettes...

rgarand
Booster
Hello All,

I seem to have lost the coordinate box, control box and the prompt box. I have gone the typical things that I thought would work, i.e. Options>Customize>Palette Shapes. These all have the "show" boxes checked. Since I work on 2 monitors, I have stretched the window as far as it can go to try and find the palettes, I found nothing.

Is there a secret key or dance I need to do so that I can get them back...I am quite fond of these palettes.

TIA
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
rgarand wrote:
I have done the typical things that I thought would work, i.e. Options>Customize>Palette Shapes. These all have the "show" boxes checked.
Did you try Window>Floating Palettes>Show....

rgarand wrote:
Is there a secret key or dance I need to do so that I can get them back...I am quite fond of these palettes.

TIA
You might try the hokey-pokey....or....

In 7 & 8, I recall disappearing toolboxes...This hasn't happened to me since upgrading to 8.1, but you might try changing your screen resolution
rgarand
Booster
Did you try Window>Floating Palettes>Show.... Yes I did try this. When I "Show Main Palettes Only"
My Navigation window appears...but nothing else.

Hokey pokey didn't work either
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try changing your screen resolution...1800x1440....

Really...Then move your windows around....They might be lurking outside your viewable area...
Anonymous
Not applicable
rgarand wrote:
What about a "New and reset" ?

As shown in the attached file, or by alt-clicking file menu + new and reset entry....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try rearranging the locations of the monitors in a control dialogue. I have lost pallets that are off of one screen, but that do not show on the other. By changing my monitor arrangement to be one above the other the pallets then show up. I seem to have this problem with the navigator pallet when switching from different view settings. Many times the pallet extends above the top of the monitor and there is no way to drag it back down.