BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

I need some professional advice

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, I am new to this software,(Archicad10 inter.) my brother wants me to buy him a laptop that is not made in china. He lives in a foreing country and is an architecht,

The reason for this is that he owns a pc/desktop/windows xp/512RAM/256mb vid card/2.8 Ghz/pentium 4/ but he experiences long periods of rendering time. Up to 15 minutes and he wants fast performance.

I have read the laptop thread previously but I was curious to weather a dell/hp/etc. brand laptop would be more efficient for this program than a mac. Im thinking of getting him a dell with 512Mb/video card, 2GB/ram, 2.0~ Ghz/ Dual Core,

I can afford up to maybe $3000 but I want to spend them wisely, and what type of Dual Core should I get/ video card, etc. I am a noob at this sort of stuff so I would really appreciate if someone could guide me in the right direction.

Thank u so much and thanks in advance for your replys... looking foward to them
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the $3K budget then the Dell Precision M90 is a killer laptop. I saw one in action and its a pretty nice package. AC10 will cruise like a hot knife thru butter on it. 17" high rez screen too.
Has the latest Pentium Core-2-Duo which from what Ive seen and read.....it's THE proc now.
100GB 7200rpm hard drive.

Make sure you get at least 2GB of memory. More memory, more memory, more memory....get it?

The Dell Precision has the Nvidia Quadro 512mb vid card and is probably overkill for AC10 but its the best laptop card on the planet. The rig is very upgrade proof IMHO. All Vista ready.....if that ever comes out....lol

You can also look at the Sager line of laptops. 3K will get your their top of line rig.
Toshiba and Asus have some nice ones as well.

Check out Ebay....I'm seeing some M90's for your price range.
Or check Dells website for their refurbished or outlet sales.

Learn and get certified!