Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

I want to download ArchiCAD 24 instead of ArchiCAD 26

lola24000
Contributor

Hi! I just got my educational license and I want to directly download the ArchiCAD 25 or 24 version so as to be able to collaborate with the rest of my teammates (they all have ArchiCAD 24). Does anyone know if this is possible?

10 REPLIES 10

Have you checked the myarchicad.graphisoft.com website? I’m pretty sure you normally get the latest version with an edu license but if you click the get in touch button at the top you should be able to contact your local distributor and ask for the older version. The commercial licenses are backwards compatible so maybe the edu ones are too. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Eduardo Rolon

This does not make sense.

EDU Licenses are valid for one year only so at most you would have 2 versions available before you need to reapply for a license and get a new number and the latest version.

AC24 came out 2 years ago so all of those licenses should be expired and at a minimum will be in 25 unless you are using a specific language version that updates later.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

MinhNguyen
Advocate

You can download Archicad 24 directly from Graphisoft.com website:

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?section=product&localization=INT&product=arch...

The installers are the same.

If you use Teamwork function, make sure to apply the right update build (out of the box, Archicad 24's build should be 30xx)

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

@MinhNguyen wrote:

You can download Archicad 24 directly from Graphisoft.com website:

But does the Education License work with all older versions as well?

Or is it only for the version applied for?

I guess the original poster could just download it and try.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

It should work with older versions of Archicad too.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Thanks! I'm downloading it right now, let's hope the license works as well. I've yet to receive a reply from my local distributor so I'll just try directly. 

That's because they both work at an architecture studio, so they have the paid license for ArchiCAD 24. 

FWI, you cannot use EDU versions with commercial ones it will switch the project to EDU.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Also per the licensing agreement you cannot use EDU for commercial projects…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator