Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

If Archicad is left open and computer sleeps, computer crashes and restarts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently if I am working on a project and I leave my computer and the computer goes to sleep, the computer then crashes and has to restart. This only happens when Archicad has been left open with an opened project. Then after the computer restarts and I go to launch Archicad it doesn't recognize my license and I have to upload it back using License Manager and then download my license again. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen? It has happened with multiple projects too not just one. Is there anything I could check or send you guys here to look at? I am not sure if it is my computer or if it is Archicad causing the issue...it could be tied to recently adding Twinmotion onto my computer as well - I don't remember doing it prior to adding Twinmotion...thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisB
Participant
You’re not alone!

This is has been a long running issue (checkout the Apple community forums) with Catalina, especially if external monitors are attached to the system, since its release. Updates over the last few months have helped (you should update your system to 10.15.4 including the supplement update made available in the last day or so) but I don’t think they’ve managed to bottom out the problem just yet. I’ve just got used to shutting down & restarting instead of letting the system sleep.

Archicad isn’t perfect either & constantly generates CodeMeter errors on my system (take a look at the Console). Hopefully, the latest update (released for the Solo version yesterday) will solve this problem…
AC16-24 Solo (latest version)
OSX 10.15.6 - MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 64Gb DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh that's good to know, thank you - I'll look into the latest updates and hopefully that helps. Just curious - does it do the same thing with your license in having you upload and download it again?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked the update you mentioned and it's just for Solo right now, I have the Full version