Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Install 1181 Update Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was trying to install the latest update patch and I got the following error:

"An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file /Applications/ArchiCAD 10/log.txt for details."

Details:
(Apr 16, 2007 12:04:46 PM), Install, com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file /Applications/ArchiCAD 10/log.txt for details.
(Apr 16, 2007 12:04:46 PM), Install, com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles, err, java.lang.NullPointerException
STACK_TRACE: 19
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSMacDirectoryIterator.hasNext(GSMacDirectoryIterator.java:106)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSMacDirectoryIterator.hasNext(GSMacDirectoryIterator.java:103)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSMacDirectoryIterator.hasNext(GSMacDirectoryIterator.java:103)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileListFactory.getFileList(GSFileListFactory.java:68)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileListCache.getFileListImpl(GSFileListCache.java:130)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSFileListCache.getFileList(GSFileListCache.java:228)
at com.graphisoft.ishield.GSModuleUpdaterFiles.install(GSModuleUpdaterFiles.java:120)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5195)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4563)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3758)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:41)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
You might want to try a complete re-install. Delete your Archicad 10 folder and re-install from the CD then apply the service pack.

You might want to get 1183, which is the most current (posted shortly after 1181, I think)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was afraid someone would say that!

Also I was incorrect. The build I was trying to install was 1183.
Brad Elliott
Booster
Before you try that. I had the same error so I logged out the other users and it installed fine.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
I always install any updates on my machine first. I had the error and ended up re-installing archicad. With all of the other machines, the update installed fine, even with the user still logged in.