Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Installation Error: "This application need an Xtra (Text)...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I'm trying to install ArchiCAD 12 on my MacBook, but gives me an error on startup:

1) I open the CD dir:
2) It gives me this error message:
3) After clicking OK, it gives me this error message:
4) After clicking OK, it tells me this:
5) When I click "Yes", it gives me the same error again and again. Clicking "no" quits the installation program.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Robin
4 REPLIES 4
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I have not seen this on a Mac before. On Windows this happens either if:
- The downloaded installer package is damaged. Try downloading again.
- There is a problem with your sound card drivers.

This could also be a software conflict or a broken QuickTime, but that's just a shot in the dark.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Robin,

To add another suggestion to those of my friend Greg: Try restarting your Mac in 'Safe Boot Mode'. For steps, see:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455

I would usually open Disk Utility at this point and click the button to Repair Disk Permissions, but that is optional.

Now try to install.

As you can read here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1564?viewlocale=en_US

Safe Boot Mode will not load certain startup items and may resolve the conflict that the installer is having.

Regardless of the outcome, restart your Mac after the installation attempt to return to normal mode...and report your results here. 🙂

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What's crashing is just the fancy install selection screen, not the ArchiCAD installer itself. To run that, scroll down that finder window in your first screenshot, and double-click on the 'ArchiCAD 12' folder:

Then, double-click on 'ArchiCAD installer Launcher' from within that folder, and the ArchiCAD 12 install will begin.

Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I have the same problem with installing archicad 20, can you solve it? Need help.