Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Installation of ArchiCAD 18 issue after download

Michael Looney
Participant
Downloaded ArchiCAD 18 last night and it must have missed a step- after download did not get a prompt to begin install and the download file does not appear to have an executable file associated with installation so do I need to sit through another download to see if installation window pops up? It is a very large download and I really don't want to sit through another if there is another way to initiate install - Please advise- any suggestions?
Thanks
Windows 10 Pro, ArchiCAD 6.5-22
Lumion 9.0
Dell Precision 7730 [64GB RAM | NVIDIA QUADRO P5200 16GB RAM | XEON E-2186M 6 CORE 2.9Ghz
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Looney
Participant
Problem solved - the browser had removed the ".exe" from the file name. Thanks to Graphisoft support for their quick resolution to the issue
Lumion 9.0
Dell Precision 7730 [64GB RAM | NVIDIA QUADRO P5200 16GB RAM | XEON E-2186M 6 CORE 2.9Ghz
Anonymous
Not applicable
What Browser are you using? I am on a PC and using Chrome. When I click the Link to download nothing is happening.
ArchiCAD 18 Not downloading.jpg
Michael Looney
Participant
I was using Internet Explorer 11. It did not start downloading right away - seemed unresponsive to mouse clicks.. I am not sure what I did to get the download started... sorry that is not more specific of an answer
Lumion 9.0
Anonymous
Not applicable
After attempting to Copy link to a new tab and even cutting and pasting, I just refreshed the "download page" and then clicking the link prompted for the exe download.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Had very similar problem

Install the latest Java for your computer. 32bit and 64bit for good measure!

good luck