Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Installation of new version, and in new laptop

GOBA
Booster
What should be done in order to have all the configurations as profiles I installed v24, and I didn’t have my profile. What are the steps we need to do?

And, I’ve bought a new laptop. What folders do I need to copy from the old computer to the new one? Or, is there a process to transfer all the configurations, libraries?

Thanks!
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
From your old machine you can export your work environment to a folder and then import this into your new installation.

Add-ons are probably best re-installed, but if you know which files they are, you can probably just copy them from the old machine to the same location on the new machine - generally in the Archicad program folder > in a folder called add-ons.

Any additional libraries that you use can be copied from the old machine to the same location on the new machine - only you know where you have saved them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
From your old machine you can export your work environment to a folder and then import this into your new installation.

Add-ons are probably best re-installed, but if you know which files they are, you can probably just copy them from the old machine to the same location on the new machine - generally in the Archicad program folder > in a folder called add-ons.

Any additional libraries that you use can be copied from the old machine to the same location on the new machine - only you know where you have saved them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
GOBA
Booster
Thanks Barry!
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10