Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Installing Add-ons

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
new in this forum, 3 yrs user of archicad, new user of add-ons (ALMOST).
Here's the problem. as a student i have downloaded the educational version of AC16 and also the add-ons (i actually just need archiquant), but when i move them into the specific add-on folder, nothing happens in AC (-> in the design menu-design extra) there's no archisuite to select (just truss maker).
if i go in add-on manager, there they are, all of them, but no ida what's going on.
can please someone help me out?
thankss
15 REPLIES 15
Erich
Contributor
Check that they are selected in the Add-On Manager.
Check that they are added to your Work Environment.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the add on manager it seems to me they are selected. (screen).

how do i add them in the work environment?

thanks
Schermata 2013-04-30 a 09.47.33.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where did you put the ArchiSuite?. The right path for Windows is:

c:\ProgramFiles\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 16\Add-Ons\ ArchiSuite\
Anonymous
Not applicable
Starting ArchiSuite from menu Design:
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry, i forgot to put the signature with the OS used. i'm on mac, and the path is correct, i checked. just on the design extra menu i just have the truss maker. how do i manage the add-ons via the work environment settings?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
franfef wrote:
just on the design extra menu i just have the truss maker. how do i manage the add-ons via the work environment settings?
Try Work Environment > Command Layout Schemes > Menus: Set the List (center panel) to All Commands by Theme then scroll down to 17 Add-Ons and see if there is a Archiquant or ArchiSuite folder containing the commands. Then drag these commands to the Menubar location where you want them. After adding the commands, select the Command Layout Schemes on the left panel and either Store as... or Redefine to save these settings as part of your Work Environment.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks david, (and others) everything is fixed now. i screwd up with the .apx files.
bye
Anonymous
Not applicable
no way. i have the EDU (educational) version for both of them, AC and Suite, and something seems to go wrong.
any (further) help? :S:S
Anonymous
Not applicable
No one?? please i need it for my thesis!