Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Interior Elevations don't generate

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Attached is a Mod file with a room defined by walls, a zone & an interior elevation marker. This file exemplifies several files we have where no interior elevations generate based on zones. Any thoughts would be appreciated as we have a lot of interiors to project.
Thanks,
Scott

Note: This feature works (sometimes) in some projects, and not in most others (using the identical settings). It doesn't work most of the time and is incredibly frustrating and a waste of time. My work around is to use the section tool.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar problem. Ours happened when we took moved the markers onto a different layer than they had been created on. In our case the zones were on one layer and the marker on another layer. When we changed layer the makers the zones interior elevation tool wouldn't work. When we changed them back to the original layer they worked again.
I haven't ever been able to get those to work very well. We usually just go back to using sections. Too bad it could be a great tool.
Aussie John
Newcomer
I think most use the section tool for a more robust and editable environment
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Aussie wrote:
I think most use the section tool for a more robust and editable environment
Hey John,
I understand you to mean that because sections are or can be live, they require no additional editing, which I agree with (except if you only want to see the extent of the room without other section info).

What I liked with the auto interior elevation feature (when it worked) is that you could select to view just the room outline or with additional cut elements if desired and have the elevation automatically outlined with a heavy pen. Also, that it would quickly produce all or selected zones elevations with labels in a defined organization; granted that there was clean-up to do. Finally and unless I'm missing something, with the section approach, one ends up with 4 section windows per room typically, which is OK but adds to the Project Map Sections/Elevations sub-directory requiring more info management.

So (going against the grain), I guess I'm saying I liked the speed and organizational aspects of the auto interior feature, and I wish/hope it will be repaired swiftly.

Thanks,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.