Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Invisible 'start ArchiCAD 15' dialogue box

Anonymous
Not applicable
To start with I hope that this is an appropriate sub-section of the forum for this kind of query.

Please see attached jpegs. We have 7 identical machines in our office, one of these machines has a strange quirk in that occasionally when trying to open a project in archicad the 'start archicad 15' dialogue box is completely blank (white). Things become visible again when you begin moving the mouse cursor over different areas of the dialogue box. The attached jpeg is actually taken after a bit of said mouse movement, so part of the dialogue box has returned.
We have tried to ensure that activeX is present and correct, as well as graphics drivers.
The spec of the machine in question is identical to that shown below in my signature.

Strangely, this isn't the first time we have seen this problem. Before our 7 new machines arrived we were occasionally using our server for rendering (it has lots of cores and ram, and was often sitting more or less idle apart from light bim server use). The server also presented this problem, but every time, not intermittently like the above pc.

Struggling to think what the issue is here? Particular as we have 6 other identical machines where we don't have a problem?

Any help appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As a first thought, I would be suspecting this to be a graphics card problem.
The installation of the latest (or an earlier working) version of the driver may help.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27