BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Is there a way to switch from International version to US?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am using a friends ArchiCAD program to learn the software. His program seems to be the International version. Is there a setting or a way to switch it over to the US version so I can use the standard US layers and have everything be in imperial vs. metric, etc.? Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The primary difference between the two are the default templates they contain. You'd need to download the US version of ArchiCAD to access those. Unless someone here is happy to send or trade them with you privately.

I don't ~think~ Graphisoft would have a problem with that. Maybe an insider could confirm?

Are you on ArchiCAD 17?

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
The only (?) difference between the INT version and the US version is that the main floor is story 1 in the US and is story 0 in INT.

Either version can use metric or Imperial units - set your Working Units, Calculation Units and Dimension preferences.

I assume you have your friend's USB license key? If so, then you can download the US version (which includes the US library) from myarchicad.com by creating an account there. Rather than run the download as a 30 day free trial (or in read-only demo mode), it will simply recognize your friend's license key.

If you don't care that the main floor is story 0, then you can just keep using your friend's INT version and optionally load the US library that you download as part of the installation from myarchicad.com If you switch to Imperial Units and continue to use the INT library, you may be frustrated with the default sizes of windows/doors/frames/trim/etc as they will be converted metric units that aren't even feet/inches.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Posted at the same time as Link... yes, that's another difference - the default template (which will include some default Imperial settings).

So, story 0 vs story 1, library parts and defaults, and start-up templates. Any other differences folks can think of?

In any case, I think downloading the US package from myarchicad.com is the best bet.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK thank you. I will try and and see about downloading the US version from the website as you suggested using the key. The other main difference I can see is the layers are all different in the international version vs. the US version. Thank you,

Vivian

PS: this is ArchCAD 16 we're using.
Learn and get certified!