BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Issues with downloading the license through License Manager Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ArchiCad users!

I uploaded the license we are using to the Company License Pool, but when i try to download to a new computer, a Microsoft Surface Book 3, running Windows 10, through GS License Manager Tool, i get an error stating " cannot download license to virtual machine". Neither Windows or Microsoft could support on this issue.

Could you please help?
3 REPLIES 3
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

This issue looks very similar to a case reported by our partner yesterday. I'm wondering if it was you who contacted our partner? If yes, I suggest following up with them. As this is a licensing-related issue, it would be difficult to solve on the forum, due to privacy concerns.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Graham Whipple
Enthusiast

We are having this same issue with an employee downloading a license on their Surface Pro device. Is there any further information or resolution to this issue?

Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA

Dear Graham,

Thank you very much for the question!

From a previous investigation, WIBU support team suggested that the detection of the Virtual Machine itself is correct, but due to a default MS configuration, Surface Books run with Hyper-V activated.

The developer referred to the following discussion: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/how-to-enable-vt-x-on-surface-book-3/b9057c59-...

Here it's also roughly described why WIBU detected surface books as VMs, as the virtualization layer is activated by default on such systems. Therefore currently for Surface Books, please deactivate Hyper-V and see if it helps with the issue. If it doesn't work, please contact your local support for further assistance.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!