Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Items greyed out in Renovation Palette

Anonymous
Not applicable
Relatively new to Archicad, and working in V21. But not a total beginner. For no reason that I can think off my model has started behaving really weirdly, and I can't get any work done. First I noticed that doors and windows were "greyed out" in the renovation filter, so couldn't be changed. The i decided to draw the walls again from scratch to see if that would clear the problem, but now my walls don't stay when I draw them. I draw the line but when I click to close the operation the wall just disappears.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted this earlier but titled it badly.
I had to reinstall Archicad 21, and I now find that for no apparent reason my doors and windows are often greyed out in the Renovation Palette. First it was just on one level, but now I see that when I redrew a wall on another level, it happened there too. So it seems maybe to be connected to me drawing new walls.
Which makes sense, because now when I go to draw a new wall, the wall just disappears when I click to end the operation. I can see the wall being drawn, but then it vanishes immediately.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Following from my previous post I now see that the wall tool will work on Ground Floor but not on First? And this has never happened before. Real mystery
Eduardo Rolon
I merged these items since they look like the same issue.
The quick guess is that you are modeling walls that are not shown on that particular story and you have Trace reference on. Also if you are not getting the warning of "not shown" then you might have turned off those too.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Eduardo
No I don't have trace reference on.
Regards
Ian
Eduardo Rolon
Then check that your walls are set to "Show on All Relevant Stories" and Floor Plan Display is set to "Projected"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes both are as you say
What puzzles me is that this has never happened before and so far as I know I've changed nothing significant.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just drawn a slab on the same level, and it works as normal. So this is just the wall tool
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eduardo
I've found what's going on, although I don't yet understand why. In 3D view there are all the "invisible" walls that I've drawn, hovering in the air and of almost zero depth. So it's some weird settings issue.
Thanks for your help
Ian
Eduardo Rolon
Should not be a weird issue. Check the height of the walls.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator