Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Keyboard Shortcuts.

justdhruv
Contributor
Hi there. I have been following ArchiCAD for the past twelve years now, through seminars, product brochures and online chat forums. All these years i wanted to buy it, but it was prohibitively expensive. I have been working on Vectorworks all these years and i think it is a great programme. Quite recently the National distributors ran a promotional price here in India, and i bought 4 licenses for my office. At this time though, they have provided us with version 9 only. we would be getting the version 10 some time in late october.

Anyway, i have started to learn version 9 on my own with the help of the training and the reference guide. Even after searching quite a lot i could not find the keyboard short cut for pan and zoom. Could anyone help me out here?
ArchiCAD 20. MacBook Pro 17", 2010
+ core i7 4970k Hackintosh
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You haven't told us what platform you are on. For mac use cmd instead of ctrl.

These should be the defaults for AC9:

Pan: Ctrl+,
Zoom - Fit in Window: Ctrl+'
Zoom to Selection: Ctrl+Shift+'
Zoom In: Ctrl+/
Zoom Out: Ctrl+Shift+/

You can also use your arrow keys to pan and your +- keys to zoom manually.

All of this depends on the Shortcut Scheme you have enabled. To check that and to assign different keyboard shortcuts, go to Options > Work Environment then in the left pane go to Work Environment Profiles>Shortcut Schemes>Keyboard Shortcuts. You can even view and print all shortcuts from there.

The best bet is to get a mouse with a scroll wheel and you can roll the wheel to zoom and press the wheel to pan.

Whereabouts in India are you? I may be going through there this October on my way back from the UK.

Cheers,
Link.
Rakela Raul
Participant
The best bet is to get a mouse with a scroll wheel and you can roll the wheel to zoom and press the wheel to pan.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
justdhruv
Contributor
Thanks Link. I am on a Powerbook G4 17" and use a wacom as my input device. I have been fiddling with Archicad for about a week now. I am glad that you can make your own keyboard short cuts. That way i can make them similar to those in Vectorworks.

I am based in city called Jaipur. It is world famous for it's rich heritage, palaces and handicrafts. Try to drop in. it would be a pleasure to meet you. you can get in touch with me on dhruv@svvitch.com
ArchiCAD 20. MacBook Pro 17", 2010
+ core i7 4970k Hackintosh