Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Keypad changing in the middle of projects on Archicad 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone experienced your keypad changing keys in the middle of a project? I go to type a command such as ctrl+shift+d and I find that the keys have changed and I have been unable to find a way to reverse it. This has been a huge problem for me and requires me to shut down Archicad and re-boot every time. Is there a way to fix it without closing down Archicad?
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Are you changing your work environment by any chance? (hence maybe changing the keyboard shortcuts).

Or do you have another program running that is over-riding the shortcuts?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is a good question Barry. To the best of my knowledge I haven't changed my work environment. It usually happens right in the middle of me typing in some command and as we all know we type commands so quickly and before we realize what happens we are miles past what we did that caused the problem. I do have other programs running such as Microsoft Word and our email program called Groupwise, but it wouldn't seem to me like this would make Archicad change keypads.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just went through the shortcut list and I didn't see anything there that would change the keypad either. Admins, have you seen anything like this before?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Draftinguru wrote:
Is there a way to fix it without closing down Archicad?
You can try going to Work Environment, select Shortcut Schemes, select the Stored Scheme you are using, and click the "Apply Scheme" button.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14