Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Label edit crashes AC

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC crashes in any of my files when I copy, insert or edit a simple text label with an arrow.

Macbook Pro 2015, AC Solo 20, running an external gpu. Recently upgraded to Catalina 10.15.6.

Anyone else?

Thank you!

Neil
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
I can't imagine what would be causing this problem.
Is it just a text label or is it any label?

Are you prompted with the Graphisoft Bug Report?
If so send it off and take note of the bug ID number.
Then contact your local Archicad support people and ask them to investigate that number.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the crash!

This was a known defect in our database with macOS Catalina. By the time Catalina is released, we spotted this issue and managed to deliver the fix for ARCHICAD 22 and 23. Unfortunately, ARCHICAD 20 was no longer supported, therefore I strongly suggest updating to the latest Archicad versions in order to avoid bugs happening on newer OS.

Thank you very much for your understanding! Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Minh, thanks for the clarification! - Neil
schagemann
Enthusiast
mnguyen wrote:
This was a known defect in our database with macOS Catalina. By the time Catalina is released, we spotted this issue and managed to deliver the fix for ARCHICAD 22 and 23. Unfortunately, ARCHICAD 20 was no longer supported, therefore I strongly suggest updating to the latest Archicad versions in order to avoid bugs happening on newer OS.
@Minh > can ia also just mention to you that we are having problems with AC22 AUS and its updates on macOS 10.15... I always thought that Graphisoft actively supports and releases updates for the last 3 versions?

Can you please confirm this?
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
schagemann wrote:

@Minh > can ia also just mention to you that we are having problems with AC22 AUS and its updates on macOS 10.15... I always thought that Graphisoft actively supports and releases updates for the last 3 versions?

Can you please confirm this?
Hi,

Yes, that is true, but we only release updates for the last 2 releases. Meaning, once Archicad 24 is out, there will be no more update for AC22 (there might be some exceptional cases though).

Which issue are you having with AC22 AUS? Is it the same thing as what we have above?
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

schagemann
Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply.

Basically we can no longer install updates to AC22 on macOS 10.15 since around mid June - the bas installer works but the subsequent updates seem to have not been verified with Apple.

Would be great if that can be fixed.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the information! It is strange that subsequent updates are not verified by Apple. We do not encounter any similar issue in the office. Could you let me know in detail which error message did you have when starting the update installer? Some screenshots would be extremely helpful for me!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT