Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Label origin

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK. Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.
1. Why does AC make the label origin invisible when you turn off the leader. This is the bane of all mirrored/ rotated mods. Now I have to instruct my staff to locate the label over an invisible origin to allow the mod to mirror with correct annotation.
2. Why can't the origin just default to the centre of the label?
Does anyone know how to fix this?
3 REPLIES 3
It's a complicated thing to answer your question because it depends on what label your using and how you have it configured. Sometimes when you turn off the Pointer it affects the Leader line you may have configured to show or not show. Perhaps it is just a matter of using a label that can be configured to be more mirror friendly ?
A picture of the elements your attaching the labels too, the type of element, and the type of Label would also be helpful to know in order to help you figure out if there is any best solution for what you want to do.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
The standard label, in fact most labels are scripted this way to be not mirror friendly. Variables like the label origin should not be hidden. At least give a variable hotspot or set out so we can control the object behaviour.
The current solution is to drag with mouse click (not ctrl+d as this moves the label origin) so the label centres on the origin so mirroring the object and label occurs rationally.
I agree.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25