Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Laser mouse Logitech MX1000- setting buttons for AC10???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, have you someone Logitech MX1000? Do you know how to program its buttons for some instruction in AC10? Thank you
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
lukask wrote:
Hello, have you someone Logitech MX1000? Do you know how to program its buttons for some instruction in AC10? Thank you
Not sure exactly what options you have in your driver, i have a mx200. If you have the options try putting the middle button settings to universal scroll and/or to ms office compatible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nik:

I had the same keyboard and had to return it, as I recall, for much the same reason.

I'm on Mac and use a great shareware utility called USB Overdrive. It allows you to program just about any combination of commands you want. Works with other Logitech mice, but not the wireless.

FWIW, if the weight of the batteries bothers you ( it did me) you can use a single lithium battery instead of two regular batteries. The lithium weighs a lot less and the mouse works fine with just one.

Don Lee

Don lee
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
Tried the Logitech MX1000 and could not get the settings right.
Could not get the scroll wheel to do the pan/zoom function correctly, even when setting it to the scroll setting my old Microsoft (blahh) mouse had. In the end i had to bin it (so to speak) as it was holding up production. A great shame as i am a fan of Logitech product and usually find their stuff to be excellent.
Back to the old mouse for now.
Wokka
Contributor
Having exackly the same problems with the LX 710 - scroll zoom etc on middle button. Bugger, looks like back to Microsoft!
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
__archiben
Booster
if you're on a mac uninstall any driver that you have installed specific to that mouse.

if you're on a PC, read through this?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Pete
Newcomer
Same problems for me using Logitech cordless desktop MX 3000.

Any recommendations for replacement?
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Don wrote:
I'm on Mac and use a great shareware utility called USB Overdrive
http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html

Has been a reliable old friend to every mouse of mine. I have had many bad experiences with native drivers all having wonky settings that often don't work. OSB-OD always works. I'm currently using a wireless 'revolution' or some such thing. The Darth Vader of mice.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don: I installed the utility but can't figure out how to set it to pan. There is no "pan" in the menu list. Can you tell me what settings you used. It will keep me from experimenting with every possible configuration.

thanks!
Rod Jurich
Contributor
siteline wrote:
/...There is no "pan" in the menu list./...
Select a button and set it to "Middle Click" to enable the Pan function.
See also.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |