BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Layout Entities Vanishing on updates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone experienced the loss of drawing entities when updating their layout frames? Like some dimensions and objects go missing. It happened only to some S/E frames and only on one pln. It also happened on 2 other PC`s with the pln.
I have my suspicions but would like to hear experiences from other users.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Air your suspicions. I don't feel like guessing.

More information is better.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Air your suspicions. I don't feel like guessing.

More information is better.
okay Matthew, My Zorba shall blab on to the community.....
I suspect it was after I downloaded CadImage add-ons and installed them only to realise that you had to register the dongle and pay. As I was only trialling it I uninstalled them with a view to go back later. I think there were left over files that called for a fonts file. I have just tried the pln today and it seems like it has fixed itself. I`m a bit miffed about wasting the days trying to find the bug but ran out of my depth. I rarely let go of a mystery problem but even 3 experts could not help including CadImage so I hope it wasn`t their fault in the end...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had (and am still having) problems with sections and elevations sometimes disappearing. More precisely, they go invisible. So you can still right click and open the source view, but it just doesn't appear anymore on the layout. Don't know what causes it since it appears to be somewhat random.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sfoo

Have you checked that views on layouts are "Fit Frames to Drawing" (then zoom extents) and origin hasn't moved. I say this because if you "Manually resized frame" and the apparent origin of the drawing changes they can displace within their views, and therefore not show.
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
sfoo

Have you checked that views on layouts are "Fit Frames to Drawing" (then zoom extents) and origin hasn't moved. I say this because if you "Manually resized frame" and the apparent origin of the drawing changes they can displace within their views, and therefore not show.
There is another bug in V10 where the pen colour of the layout drawings change to the same as the background layout colour - regardless of having the correct pen colours in the pen sets.
Drag the drawing off the side of the layout where the background colour is different and you might see what I mean.
It's a very intermittent problem but fortunately the latest hotfix remedies the situation.

This colour problem only occurs to some items in the layout (i.e. specific pen numbers) so it could be your problem if you don't have the latest update - build 1188.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
sfoo

Thanks s2art. That appears to be the problem. However, I don't understand why the apparent origin of the drawing changes. This displacement often happens when I do nothing more than add some detail to the elevation (and thus don't expect to be modifying any origins or other coordinates).
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This can happen when the whole section is moved?

Traditionally sections and elevations were anchored by their relationship to the project origin. So that when the section was moved, the resultant drawing would 'jump' the same distance on the layout as the section was moved from the project origin.

From AC10, we were given the option to anchor a drawing, similar to the way we can anchor a column. Unchecking 'Use Drawing's internal origin as anchor' allows use of this new anchoring system. And doing so prevents the drawings jumping around.

Maybe playing around with these alternatives will fix it?

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!