BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Layouts not allowing items to be moved at all

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a really urgent issue and it is for my university honours assignment due next week.

I've tried to put all my plans into layouts and it was going fine and I was adding annotations. All of a sudden, anything I add to any layout, whether it is a reference or an object or text, it locates it in the bottom left corner of the screen over an 'X' and I am unable to move it from that location. I cannot rotate anything or move it either, please help as I am desperate to get this assignment finished and I have no idea what to do.
4 REPLIES 4
Hello madshope114,

Did you try to close and open again your files ?
What is your OS ?
How do you put your view into your layout ? Perhaps you should try to import your views by another way to try.

I do not use education version and I never meet this kind of mistake on layout. 😕
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

After trying Christophe's suggestions, if the issue doesn't go away, then I suggest looking at the settings within the file to see if there is anything blocking the command. An item can be "locked" if you place it in a locked layer, or using the Lock command from Edit > Locking > Lock. Please check if the drawing placed in Layout falls into these types of issues. If not, could you share with me the file and step-to-reproduce for further investigation? Let me know if you'll need a link to send the file as well!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
mnguyen wrote:
if the issue doesn't go away, then I suggest looking at the settings within the file to see if there is anything blocking the command. An item can be "locked" if you place it in a locked layer...
It wouldn't surprise me if this is that long running problem of the Layout environment not having user defined & fixed settings. It is too easy to change layout settings without realising a change has been made.

For the OP, check the layer setting you are using in Layouts has the relevant layer unlocked and hopefully that will fix it. Failing that sometimes AC just glitches and a cold boot fixes it.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
madshope114 wrote:
I have a really urgent issue and it is for my university honours assignment due next week.

I am pretty sure (Recalling my university honours assignment busy days) that by now, madshope114 doesn't even remember what ArchicadTalk is.
Learn and get certified!